ROAD TRAFFIC AND SAFETY RESEARCH ASSOCIATION
(TRAFFIC IS LIFE- AND LIFE IS PRICELESS)
Clause 1: Title and Location
The official title of the Association is "Karayolu Trafik ve Yol Güvenliği Araştırma Derneği" and abbreviated as "Trafik ve Yol Güvenliği AR-GE". The title to be used for international correspondence is "Turkish Road Traffic and Safety Research Association". The headquarters of the Association is located in Ankara, Turkey. The Association is authorized to establish domestic and overseas branches.
Clause 2: Objectives
For road traffic, in order to improve the coordination between the road users, vehicles and the road;
- to cooperate with public institutions, municipalities, universities, private institutions and NGOs on the subjects of road engineering, law, education, inspection, first aid, human rights and statistics;
- to take responsibility for the development of traffic policies and to improve public awareness for the purpose of reducing the occurance of traffic accidents;
- to prevent privileges or abuses in the application of road traffic laws and regulations by the public;
- The Association activities are independent and neutral by all means.
Clause 3: Types and Areas of Activities
For reaching the objectives,
- in order to improve the effective involvement of the civil society in road traffic safety, to prepare projects and to publish research papers, and to present these studies to the public via conferences, panels and other media tools, and to obtain the application of the studied subjects by the authorities;
- to provide information to the government institutions, Turkish Grand National Assembly commissions and universities about traffic law regulations, and to participate in municipal commissions related to traffic and road safety;
- in parallel with the objectives stated in the second clause, provided that written permissions are received from the respective authorities, to cooperate with foreign institutions of similar objectives for research and project exchange purposes, to join conferences and panels, and to become members of such institutions;
- to publish and distribute periodic or non-periodic materials, i.e., newspapers, magazines, brochures, etc. about traffic and road safety, to construct web sites for the purpose of delivering information to public and private institutions about the Association's activities;
- for improving awareness among traffic users, to give extracurricular lectures in educational institutions, and to constitute education centers for children with the required permissions. For providing the required financial support to run the Association's activities, to establish or be partners for motor vehicle driving schools, advanced driving techniques schools, traffic consultant agencies, car parking facilities, and similar business areas; to purchase real properties and to sell or rent these properties;
- in order to perform the above stated activities, to establish foundations and federations, or to become members of such associations.
23 Mart 2014 tarihinde yayınlandı.